Friday, October 8, 2010

Quickie Sweet and Sour Chicken

Do you have your veggies roasted yet? No? Well, you'd better get busy cause you're gonna want to try this!

Fredda's Sweet & Sour Chicken

Pineapple tidbits in water (1/4 cup)
3 oz precooked chicken
1/4 cup reduced sugar ketchup
1/2 roasted veggies

Open the pineapple and  drain the fruit (reserve the juice).

Mix the ketchup and approx 2 tbsp of pineapple juice until blended. Add your pineapple and veggies to the mixture and heat in the microwave until nice and hot.


For my chicken, I used Aldi's precooked grilled chicken pieces. Nuke them in the microwave for 2 minutes.


I cut my chicken into bite size pieces then mixed it with the sauce and veggies. This is the final product.

You could eat this with white rice but I don't eat many carbs so I had it as is. It was really good. Try it sometime. I fixed it when I had the urge for some chinese food but didnt want the grease and carb temptation that come with it.

Quote of the day:  "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you'll land among the stars." ~Les Brown

Listening to: Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment