Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'm roasting in here!

I try to keep fresh & roasted veggies on hand here at the house. They are very versatile. This is just a lesson on how I do it. I start with this:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Then chop veggies into large pieces. Coat lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper. Line your pans with aluminum foil and spread the veggies out.
  Roast them for an hour, turning them once after 30 minutes. When the veggies are done they will look like this.

 Now you want to know what to do with your veggies, right? You can keep them for a few days in the fridge or freeze them. Throw some of these in the blender and puree really good and add it to homemade soup or stock. I use them in a quickie sweet & sour chicken recipe that I can whip together in less than 5 minutes. Stay tuned for that recipe tomorrow.

Quote of the day: After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressable is music. ~Aldous Huxley

Listening to: My Wish by Rascal Flatts

No comments:

Post a Comment