Friday, October 1, 2010

Fall Barbeque

It has been wonderfully cool the past week. Highs in the mid 70's. I guess it's safe to say that fall has finally arrived! I have been busy as a bee cooking to my hearts content as well. I got smart and took my mom's (family famous) barbecue sauce recipe and converted it to something that I can have without worrying about dumping. I thought I might share it with you.

Fredda's Barbecue Sauce

1 pint of white vinegar
1 small bottle (14oz) Heinz Reduced sugar ketchup
1 c. Splenda
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp hot sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Mix all of the above ingredients above medium heat (use a whisk if needed) until well blended. Simmer for 15 minutes. This recipe makes approx. 2 pint jars of sauce. Cool and refrigerate until needed. This keeps for several weeks.



You gotta try this stuff..it's sooo yummy!

Quote of the day: "Our life is not measured by the breaths that we take, but the moments that take our breath away."

Listening to:  Soul Sister by Train

No comments:

Post a Comment