Sunday, August 15, 2010

Walk on the wild side

Today the family and I went to the local zoo.It is "one of the nation's largest natural habitat zoos". Check it out http://www.nczoo.org/. It has been a few months since I have been to the zoo (we have an annual membership) and the last time that we went (just me and the 2 boys) I had a hard time keeping up. Granted the weather was 95 degrees that day with high humidity. That trip was also pre-op. I suffered through the trip and we only covered half of the zoo due to heat and me being totally too tired to walk. Not to mention that I sweat like a pig the whole time!
Now that I am 40 lbs lighter, I really noticed a difference in my stamina and endurance. I actually carried the backpack on half of the trails. I felt much better, had no trouble breathing and barely broke a sweat! Today's temperature was over 85, so it was a cooler day, but I truly can FEEL a difference. I also forgot to mention that I did all of this after working a 12 hour shift last night and had only slept 4 hours today!!! We covered most all of the zoo and saw many animals that I missed previously and we got to see new exhibits too. Here's some things that we saw:







We had a great time and I continue to be very grateful for this new opportunity at life that I have been given.
Quote of the day: "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" -Lao Tzu
Listening to: "Dare you to Move" by Switchfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment