Friday, August 6, 2010

My how time flies!


So, as the title states...time has flown by so quickly! I am officially 1 month post-op and down (by my scales from my highest wt) 35lbs! I am feeling well and have returned to work.
I am still having trouble remembering to take my vitamins (3 times a day). I have set my cell phone to alarm 3 times a day to help me remember. It helps some, but not enough. I am just hoping I can keep up without becoming vitamin deficient.
As far as energy goes, I still have very little. I feel like yuck after running simple errands. Maybe by the time the kids start back to school I will be feeling better. Luis has been staying busy with his mowing contracts after work, so he is gone a lot. Unfortunately, it's necessary due to my lack of income from my job at the hospital. Soon enough I hope we will be back on our feet again.
I have been trying out new smoothie protein recipes thanks to my new inspiration Shelly http://www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ . The chocolate covered cherry recipe is wonderful and it helps that cherries are in season right now and I happen to LOVE them! Food intake is also going well except for a few minor occasions. I keep wanting to eat chicken (grilled) and evidently I'm not putting enough sauce or dip on it cause it keeps feeling like it's stuck. I mean a hard, agonizing pressure under my chest that makes me want to vomit. I actually WANTED to vomit. I couldn't manage to do it! After letting a few LOUD belches and gags the feeling went away. Maybe I'm just not moistening it enough. I need to try a few of Shelly's dip recipes for my meats because I'm getting bored of salsa. Oh yeah, and mom made my sugar-free BBQ sauce for me and it is DELISH!!!!!!! I am so looking forward to trying it too! Speaking of...time to start dinner! I have 2 hungry boys to feed!


Quote of the day: "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt
Jamming out to: "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse

No comments:

Post a Comment