Thursday, September 9, 2010

Strawberry ice cream

 Last night I had a craving for ice cream and decided to get creative. I had an old recipe I wanted to try, but I had to tweak it alot to make it work for me (it was full of sugar). All you need is a food processor.  The below is recipe is what I came up with and I have to say...it is delicious!

Fredda's Protein Frozen Yogurt
approx 1 pound of FROZEN fruit of choice (I used strawberries)
1 cup greek yogurt (reg. yogurt would work too)
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1/3 cup of Splenda

Chop half of the frozen strawberries in the food processor. Place them in a bowl back in the freezer. Add yogurt, protein powder and Splenda to food processor and turn it on to let it mix. Add the other frozen strawberries one by one while the food processor is mixing. It will come out very thick and like soft serve ice cream. Fold in the other half of the strawberries and put in freezer to harden (or eat as is) Depending on your freezer, it takes less than half an hour to freeze so that it is scoop-able. Serve with a squirt of Redi-whip and drizzle of Sugar Free Strawberry preserves.



anyone with a normal stomach who wanted this without the protein could leave out the protein powder and add a tablespoon or so of vanilla flavoring. You could also use sugar instead of splenda.

Quote of the day: "An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind" -Ghandi

Listening to: "Love Gun" by KISS


No comments:

Post a Comment