Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy Fall Ya'll!

Finally! I am so happy to say that the cooler weather has arrived here in NC. Days where we can turn off the A/C and actually wear pants! I love all things that autumn brings. The crunchy leaves, the colors, the pumpkins and apples, spice candles....hmmmmm. all of it! Something else that I love about autumn is all of the soups and stews that warm your tummy.
The first rainy cool day that we had I fixed a pot of chili. I thought that I would share my recipe.

Fredda's one-pot Chili and Beans
1.25 lbs ground turkey (or beef)
1 small bell pepper diced
1 jalapeno pepper diced
1 small sweet onion diced
1 pkg dry chili mix (store-bought)
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can Rotel tomatos
1 8oz jar of salsa
a few dashes of hot sauce

Brown ground turkey in a deep pot. When it is almost half cooked add the peppers and onion and cook until meat is thoroughly browned. Add all other ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil. Once it begins to boil, turn down the temperature to low and simmer for 2 hours. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and jalapeno peppers. We had grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches to go with it here.



I had 1/2 cup of chili and 2 or 3 bites of the sandwich. Next time I think I will try a little quesadilla with it!

Remember that little pumpkin that I roasted awhile back? Well, I decided to try something with it. I made a protein-infused pumpkin cheesecake pudding. Recipes and photo to be posted soon!


Quote of the day : " For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together. For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad." ~ Edwin Way Teale

Listening to: Don't you want me by The Human League

No comments:

Post a Comment