Sunday, February 6, 2011

Spicy Cheddar-Onion Sliders

Surprise! As you can tell I have been on the ball cooking! Yesterday I showed you how to make my version of Mexican Restaurant salsa and today we're making sliders (aka miniature burgers). Get ready cause here we go!




Start with 2 lbs of lean ground beef. Mix in a package of dry onion soup mix, 8-10 dashes of Worshchestershire sauce, and about 6 dashes of hot sauce. Mix well and you will have something similar to what I have below.



Lay this out on foil or plastic wrap on your counter. Form into a square and cut into equal pieces.


I have 15 rolls (buns) so I will be making 15 sliders. Therefore I divided the meat into 16 (mostly) even sections.



Now patty them out with the little dent in the middle. (this helps them from swelling while they cook).  The next step is easy.



Fry up the patties (or grill them if your weather permits).



Throw some Cheddar cheese on there. Let it get gooey! This is what they should look like when done. (umm.. duh, who hasn't eaten a hamburger?) Sorry, bear with me!


Saute some onion rings in a little butter then put them aside.


Now for the secret spicy sauce: (muah ha ha ha ha!)

You will need equal parts mayonnaise and ketchup (I used 1/4 cup of each). Throw in 1/4 tsp seasoning salt and 1/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper. Mix well.



I guess it's not to secret anymore huh? Oh well.


Now get out your slider rolls.

This is what I use. You can use whatever floats your boat.
These do not come halved, so do that first.


Butter them well.

Whatever you have, be it dinner rolls or not.... butter them.

Then put them under the broiler for a few minutes to toast.


Now you should be ready to start the assembly line.


First put the bottom buns. (duh) then follow with the burger, then onions and then sauce.



Just like so! Now top it off with the top of the bun.




Make sure these stay warm so that they will be yummy and cheesy when you eat them. Trust me. They're good.




Oh yeah....one more thing before I go..............



GO PACKERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment